Some people believe that crystals have natural properties that can help heal certain areas of life, both mentally and physically. While these people often use crystals on themselves, they can also be used on your furry friends.
Even if you’re skeptical and don’t believe crystals can affect anyone, it can’t hurt to try!
Here are some crystals and crystal meanings that may help your dog. If you want, you can combine a few for the purpose you need.
Note: Crystals can be choking hazards, so not to leave loose crystals around your dog (especially puppies).
- Birthstone of February
- Known to ease, relax and destress
- May help with separation anxiety or anxious dogs
- May help with pain
- May alms nerves
- Good “general” healer
- Known to decrease negative energy
- May help improve communication with your dog
- May strengthen immune system
- Said to amplify the power of other crystals
- Good “general healer”
- Said to be detoxifying
- Known to provide protection
- May be calming
- May help digestive issues
- May help respiratory issues
- May help rescued dogs. That’s because it’s known as a love and compassion stone.
- May help dogs be more accepting of change (ex. New cat or baby)
- May help heal injuries and wounds
- May help stress
- May improve mood
- May help courage and confidence
- Said to help with shy or timid dogs
If you’re not sure which crystal to choose, you can buy a variety of crystals. One by one, place a crystal in your hand and see which one your dog responds to best.
Healing Crystals: How to Use Them on Your Dog
If you want to see if crystals can help your dog, you can choose to use them in a variety of ways:
- Attach (or glue) them to their collar
- Attach a few to their leash
- Place the crystal under their sleeping spot (BUT make sure they can’t find and swallow the crystal when you’re not looking)
- Infuse your dog’s water with the crystal by placing the crystal in their water bowl for a few hours (note: make sure the bowl is out of their reach while it’s “infusing” and choose a crystal that is tumbled and won’t disintegrate)